SEPTEMBER 1, 2013 | VOL 2
Push the Pause Button on Adrenal Burnout
- Are you feeling tired and wired?
- Are you irritable?
- Do you have trouble sleeping?
- Are you having trouble with low blood pressure or low blood sugar?
- Are you craving sweets or salt?
- Are you just feeling kind of overwhelmed?
If you have any of these symptoms, you might just have adrenal burnout.
If you have chronic, unremitting stress, your adrenal glands—which help you deal with stress—get beat up. Over time, this leads to adrenal burnout, making it impossible for your body to respond normally to the stresses of life, and you end up just feeling tired and crummy most of the time.
We push ourselves with coffee. We push ourselves with stimulants. We push ourselves to feel better using things that don’t really work.
So, what does work? How do you solve this problem?
Watch this week’s edition of House Call with Dr. Hyman to learn whether you might be suffering from adrenal burnout, and find out how you can find your pause button to reduce the stress in your life that may be causing it.
And then, share your experiences, struggles, successes, or questions.
- Have you ever experienced adrenal burnout?
- What’s worked for you to help you deal with it?
- Or what have you tried that hasn’t worked?
Please share your experiences in the comment section below. And feel free to send in your questions, so that next week, I may make a house call to you.
To read more about adrenal burnout and how to reverse it, check out my blog here.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD